April 11, 2011

Incidentally...

Just a little screencap game while I clear out the cobwebs. A couple of movies have been on my mind lately, and I thought I'd present them from a different angle: by giving a look-see to the incidental shots between significant moments, the midpoint of a pan, the split-second right before a cut that sends us right back into the action. (For the sake of argument, let's just say that I want to celebrate every single one of those twenty-four frames per second.) Bet you wish you had that FaceBack app now, huh? There are a few telltale hints, so you eagle-eyes should be able to identify them. No prizes, I'm afraid, but would anyone care to take a crack?






15 comments:

Stephen Reese said...

#2's THEY LIVE?

Jason said...

#3 - One of the SCREAMs? (That looks like David Arquette passed out there.)

#6 - CHILDREN OF MEN?

Anonymous said...

Stephen: That is indeed THEY LIVE.

Jason: (a) Specifically...?
(b) Fascinating guess, but extraordinarily wrong.

DJR said...

#5 Deep Red?

Anonymous said...

My favorite Argento, DJR. Has anyone seen Giallo? I somehow missed the news that the producers settled their debts with Adrien Brody in January, so it's going right to the top of my queue. I mean, The Third Mother really sucked, but Dario's always going to lure me back somehow.

Unknown said...

gotta guess texas chainsaw massacre part 2 for number 6?

Jason said...

I dunno... SCREAM 2?

Anonymous said...

#4 - Schizopolis?

Anonymous said...

Right on all counts--except for Jason, naturally. (It's the original Scream.)

Robert said...

The last one is Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2.

Dan said...

They're all freeze-frames from my fragmented memory of a birthday party 13 years ago. How did you do that?

Anonymous said...

Dan's traumatic youth notwithstanding, I'll spoil screencap #1 to finish things up: Lucky Number Slevin, which will always have a place in my heart.

Anonymous said...

Is there gonna be a Potter Blu-Ray review?

Bill C said...

There is indeed. I'm just recuperating from an old injury, hence the recent slowdown at the mothersite.

jer fairall said...

I know it wasn't reviewed here, but did you see what you critics gone and did?